Manitoba Music is seeking an organized, personable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to assist our staff in music industry research of vital information on the activities of Manitoba artists and recording labels, including assistance in:
• Compiling information on new music releases by Manitoba artists and labels;
• Compiling information on tours by Manitoba artists;
• Compiling and maintaining industry and media contact lists;
• Maintaining manitobamusic.com, including photo galleries, videos, and concert listings;
• Maintaining Manitoba Music’s social media presence and third-party online tools.
This is an unpaid training position for three months. The successful applicant will be offered a membership with Manitoba Music and free admission to Manitoba Music events, including workshops, for one year.
• Interest in pursuing a career in the music business.
• Available for the equivalent of one day per week, flexible schedule (during business hours weekdays Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm), ideally including Thursday mornings.
• Comfortable in a PC environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with Photoshop is an asset.
• Prior experience and knowledge of the music business is an asset.
Deadline for applications: March 22, 2012
Email email@example.com with resume, at least one reference, cover letter, and “Music Industry Research Intern” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.