Manitoba Music Opportunity: Music Industry Research Intern
Posted on October 11, 2012
Manitoba Music is seeking an organized, personable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to assist our staff in music industry research such as collecting vital information on the activities of Manitoba artists and music companies, and updating international music industry information, including:
- Compiling information on new music releases by Manitoba artists and labels;
- Compiling information on tours by Manitoba artists;
- Compiling and maintaining international industry and media contact lists;
- Maintaining website photo galleries, videos, and concert listings;
- Contributing to Manitoba Music’s social media and online presence;
This is an unpaid intern position. The successful applicant will be offered a membership with Manitoba Music and free admission to Manitoba Music events, including workshops, for up to year.
- Interest in pursuing a career in the music business.
- Available for the equivalent of two days per week, flexible schedule (during business hours weekdays Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm), ideally including Thursday mornings.
- Comfortable in a PC environment and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Photoshop is an asset.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the music business is an asset.
Deadline for applications: October 22, 2012
Email email@example.com with resume, at least one reference, cover letter, and “Music Industry Research Intern” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.