SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, August 31, 2017
We’re now accepting applications for our Indigenous Music Mentors program (formerly known as AMP Mentors) from First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists and industry who are interested in helping engage Indigenous youth around the province.
The goal of this project is to encourage First Nation, Metis, and Inuit young people to pursue careers in the music industry and we need mentors to deliver presentations about their experience in music to youth programs and classrooms in Manitoba.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist, music entrepreneur, or industry professional
- Have a valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Have a current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. Applicants without these documents can be reimbursed for the cost of getting them done. All checks must be completed before September 10, 2017.
To participate, email email@example.com a short description for a music-related presentation that you would feel comfortable delivering to children and teens. All applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will be accepted into the project and receive a confirmation of their participation. Manitoba Music will begin pitching presentations to youth programs and classrooms, which will make selections, shortly after the start of the 2017-18 school year.
Please update your indigenousmusic.ca profile page with:
- Current music (if you’re an artist or in a band)
- A current artist bio or business description
- At least one current high resolution images (300 dpi) or a vector version of your corporate logo uploaded to “Files” section
- $150 for presentations in Winnipeg
- $250 for presentations for rural and remote communities, as well as reimbursement for mileage and accommodations
For more information, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Indigenous Music Development Manager