Shane Ward has been producing and engineering records for Sunshine Records and Platinum Gold Studios for the past 17 years. He has won 5 Canadian aboriginal music awards for his work producing and engineering. He has also been nominated for Juno awards, and Aboriginal Peoples Choice Awards, for albums that he took part in. Shane graduated from Mid Ocean School of Media Arts at the top of his class.
Awards & Recognition
- Nominated for numerous Aboriginal Peoples Choice Awards & Canadian
- Aboriginal Music Awards.
- Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards
- Best Fiddle Album – Clint Dutiume – Fiddle Extravaganza
- Best Fiddle Album – Darren Lavallee – Back Road Fiddling
- Best Instrumental Album – Sprit of The Nations
- Best Pow Wow Album Traditional – Whitefish Bay – Annishinaabe Meenigoziwin
- Best Pow Wow Contemporary – Brown Eagle
- Recording the live radio play version of the “Strike Musical” at the Burton Cummings Theatre.
- Wildcard Judge at Urban Star Contest 2010
- Judge at Landmark Events
- Live sound for 100 year anniversary of the Burton Cummings Theatre, including working with Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings.
- Produced 12seven’s first album “Focused” – Singles aired on HOT103 and Q94FM.
- Produced Jason Petric – “I Don’t Know The Why” which peaked at #4 on 92.9
- Kick FM, and was placed 62nd in the top songs of 2009.
- Co-Produced Rayne Delaronde’s First Album “Rayne” In 2004, which spawned
- the No.1, hit song “A Little On The Wild Side” on NCI-FM radio and was on the
- charts for an outstanding 10-1/2 months.
- Kevin Melquist – “Captivated” – Reached #4 on Streetzfm
- NCI FM – I have produced all of the Sunshine Records Artists music that has ended up on NCI FM’s Charts from Sunshine Records in the last 16 years, including Ernest Monias, Lawrence Martin, Darren Lavallee, Clint Dutiuame, Etc
- Canada’s Polka Network & The Zabava Program – I currently co-produce this radio program that airs on CKJS 810 AM every Saturday at 6 pm (CST) and online at ckjs.com