MARIA Job Opportunity: Office Assistant
Working on behalf of MARIA’s Board of Directors, the Office Assistant will assist in the day-to-day functioning of the MARIA office.
The Office Assistant reports to the Executive Director of MARIA and is responsible to MARIA’s Board of Directors and its membership.
The responsibilities of the Office Assistant will be as follows:
- Working at the reception area answering phones, directing calls, and answering general inquiries regarding MARIA
- Coordinating information via fax, email, mail, and courier
- Managing office inventory and supplies
- Maintaining office systems (phone, copier, calendar, filing, etc)
- Preparing program materials such as printing and collating of contracts, course materials, marketing materials
- Assisting with marketing initiatives, member services, and research requirements on an as-needed basis
- Acting as host to visitors to the office
- Preparing facilities for meetings, workshops and other events
- Recording and distributing notes and action items during meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, one-year term position. The salary range is $18,000 - $23,000 per annum and will be determined by the Executive Director and Hiring Committee commensurate with qualifications and skills.
The Office Assistant must possess:
- Strong organizational and communications skills and knowledge of office procedures
- Computer literacy particularly Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work flexible hours on occasion
- Demonstrated success at working in a flexible, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- One year experience in an office environment and some post-secondary experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé with cover letter and references no later than 4pm Thursday, December 20, 2007 to:
Sara Stasiuk, Interim Executive Director
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted in early January.