MARIA Job Opportunity: Marketing Coordinator
Working on behalf of MARIA’s Board of Directors and in consultation with staff, The Marketing Coordinator will coordinate the delivery of the marketing and events undertaken by MARIA and through MARIA’s programs.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of MARIA and is responsible to MARIA’s Board of Directors and to its membership.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator will be as follows:
• Coordinate logistics for Market Development events.
• Coordinate Manitoba presence at music conferences and events, which could include:
• Design, logistics, scheduling and staffing of the Manitoba music booths at trade shows, conferences, and awareness events.
• Logistics coordination for Manitoba music showcases
• Managing the invitation lists for Manitoba music events
• Representing MARIA at various industry functions
• Providing support to Manitoba artists and industry at various events.
• Coordinate logistics for MARIA events, including but not limited to: the Annual General Meeting, the MARIA golf tournament, and other community-development initiatives.
• Assist with Professional Development and Aboriginal Music Program events.
• Other related duties, as assigned.
• Develop a marketing strategy for MARIA and its programs components in conjunction with the Marketing Committee of MARIA.
• Develop and coordinate a community outreach strategy.
• Develop marketing materials for MARIA ie. brochures, posters, etc.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of MARIA’s website.
• Implement and monitor the marketing plans.
• Ensure information about MARIA and its programs is presented to community groups, educational institutions and to attendees at industry events.
• Represent the Manitoba music industry at local, national and international events.
• Compile program success stories and Manitoba music news.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Prepare implementation plans including critical paths, project synopses, and budgets;
• Provide narrative and financial reports as required;
• Assist in the writing and collating of the Annual Report and Annual Funding Report.
This is a full-time, one-year term position. The salary range is $26,000 - $30,000 per annum and will be determined by the Executive Director and Hiring Committee commensurate with qualifications and skills.
The Marketing Coordinator must possess:
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Experience in program development and management,
• Familiarity with Manitoba’s sound recording industry,
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills,
• Must be able to work confidently in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign CS2 an asset
• A resourceful, creative and flexible approach to problem-solving,
• The ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Related post-secondary experience and a minimum of two years of related experience.
• Previous experience working in a not-for-profit organization is an asset.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé with cover letter and references no later than 4pm Thursday, December 20, 2007 to:
Sara Stasiuk, Interim Executive Director
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted in early January.