Now Taking Submissions for a MUSEXPO Showcase Opportunity
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm CST Thursday, January 17, 2008
MARIA and MANITOBA FILM & SOUND are planning an exclusive showcase of Manitoba music at MUSEXPO in Los Angeles April 27 – 30, 2008.
MUSEXPO is a music industry conference with extremely limited showcasing opportunities. The audience is captive and includes some of the highest profile and most powerful people in music and entertainment, including heads of A&R, film and television music supervisors, publishers, booking agents/promoters, managers, online and traditional video gaming, telecommunications, and more. Some of the confirmed speakers and delegates include music managers Simon Renshaw (Dixie Chicks) and Robert Reynolds (The Killers), Paul Tollett (Founder/President, Golden Voice/Coachella Music & Arts Festival), Diane Warren (songwriter), Nick Raphael (President, Epic Records, UK), Bob Lefsetz (Author, Lefsetz Letter), Kathleen Carey (Sr. VP International Sony/ATV Music Publishing), Kevin Lyman (founder, Vans Warped Tour), David Massey (President, Mercury Records), Alexandra Patsavas (Music Supervisor, Grey’s Anatomy, Chuck, Rescue Me), Steve Schnur (Worldwide Executive, Music & Audio, Electronic Arts), Jason Magnus (Rock for China/Bejing Pop Festival) and Nic Harcourt (Music Director, KCRW Los Angeles) to name a few.
For more information on MUSEXPO, check it out at www.musexpo.net
To be considered for a showcase, you must:
· Have a current release
· Be export-ready
· Have financial capacity to undertake travel & accommodations in L.A. (Market Access Program Support is available, but will not cover full costs)
· Be a Manitoba resident and MARIA member.
· Three (3) copies of your current release
· Three (3) copies of a current video (if available)
· Three (3) copies of your press kit or location of electronic press kit
· Three (3) copies of a letter explaining how this showcase would fit with your band's overall development plan
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
· Track record
· Strength of team
· Export readiness
Final decision will rest with MUSEXPO.
Submit by 4pm CST January 17, 2008 to:
Sara Stasiuk, Interim Executive Director, MARIA
1-376 Donald Street, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2