SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, June 23, 2016
Manitoba Music will bring six emerging songwriters and three mentors together to strengthen their writing chops through workshops and collaboration. The three-day co-writing retreat will take place in a lakefront cabin setting at Falcon Trails Resort, August 22–24, 2016.
This iteration of the songwriter retreat is part of a national project, the Canadian Songwriter Challenge. Part of a multi-year partnership between the Canadian Council of Music Industry Associations (CCMIA) and Bell Media, the CCMIA's member music industry associations will be organizing songwriter-focused events across the country.
We welcome submissions from artists of all genres. Accommodations, transportation, and meals will be provided. Applicants must be prepared to collaborate and co-write.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current release (demo \ EP \ full-length)
- Be available August 22-25
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to accompany yourself on an instrument is an asset
- Fill out the submissions for at manitobamusic.com/submissions
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for how this event fits your development plan
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
For more information, please contact: