SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Thursday, March 22, 2018
Manitoba Music’s Indigenous Music Development Program is leading a small trade mission to the Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention in Las Vegas. The project will provide up to five First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists and music entrepreneurs from Manitoba with a chance to connect with Native American leaders, entertainment directors for Native American owned casinos, and talent buyers during the four day event.
The mission will run April 16-20 and the recommended travel days are April 15 and 21. Manitoba Music will set up meetings for the group on April 16 and 17 and each participant will staff the organization’s tradeshow booth on April 19 and 20.
Participants will be responsible for their own meals and ground transportation during the mission. Manitoba Music will provide roundtrip economy flights, shared accommodations in Las Vegas, and one non-transferable tradeshow pass.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist or music entrepreneur (manager, label owner/operator, booking agent, music festival executive, or radio station executive)
- Have a valid passport and the ability to cross all international borders
- Be able to take action on business opportunities in the US and/or be able to provide opportunities in Canada for Native American artists
- Live in Manitoba and be a member of Manitoba Music
To submit, fill out the form at: manitobamusic.com/submissions
NOTE: Each submission will be adjudicated by a group of music industry professionals. The jury will review the information that you submit along with your website and social media profiles.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale (please use this section to explain what you plan to accomplish in at the Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention or in the Native American market)
- Bio (please be sure to highlight your international experience)
- Recent developments
For more information about this project, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Indigenous Music Development Manager
- Call for Submissions Indigenous Music Development Program IMDP Export Market Development Trade Mission