SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Thursday, April 19, 2018
Manitoba Music will invite nine songwriters to participate in a collaborative songwriting retreat. The retreat will help artists strengthen their writing chops through workshops and collaboration. The three-day co-writing retreat will take place in a lakefront cabin setting at Falcon Trails Resort, June 10-13, 2018.
This event is part of a national project, the Bell Media Canadian Songwriter Challenge. As a multi-year partnership between the Canadian Council of Music Industry Associations (CCMIA) and Bell Media, the CCMIA's member music industry associations will be organizing songwriter-focused events across the country.
We welcome submissions from artists of all genres. Shared accommodations and meals will be provided. Applicants must be prepared to collaborate and co-write.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Be available June 10-13, 2018
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to accompany yourself on an instrument is an asset
- Fill out the submissions at https://www.manitobamusic.com/songwriterretreat
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for how this event fits your development plan
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
- Call for Submissions Songwriter Retreat Canadian Songwriter Challenge Songwriting Co-writing Bell Media Manitoba Music Canadian Council of Music Industry Associations CCMIA