SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, October 25, 2018
Manitoba Music is teaming up with BreakOut West, SaskMusic, Alberta Music, and Music BC to host a private showcase room at Folk Alliance International in Montreal from February 13-16, 2019. We’re now accepting submissions for showcase opportunities at the event. This is an opportunity to perform for and network with influential music industry professionals from the Canadian and international folk and roots community.
The Folk Alliance International conference is an annual event that draws together music industry professionals from throughout the world to share ideas, network, and celebrate folk and roots music, and dance. Held over five days, the conference includes over 1750 registered attendees, workshops, panels, and meetings, over 100 industry exhibitors, plus special events, receptions, official showcases, private showcase performances, and an exhibit hall.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Have financial capacity to undertake travel and accommodations (we can’t guarantee that the Export Showcase Program will be open for submissions in the new year; please check our website and weekly enews regularly for updates)
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
- Fill out the submission form at manitobamusic.com/submissions
- In the submission rationale please indicate your interest and availability for:
- Private showcases the evenings of February 13, 14, 15, and 16.
- Update your Manitoba Music business profile with:
- Current music (up to three mp3s – may be selected for Manitoba Music’s streaming playlists)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
- Current bio
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for the showcase
- Track record
- Export readiness
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Program Assistant