Manitoba Music members have some extra promotional opportunities available to them to help get the word about upcoming new music releases and more. Here are a few ways to make your membership work for you:
1. Enter your live music events into your Manitoba Music profile
2. Enter your album info and artwork into the discography on your Manitoba Music profile
New releases automatically display on your profile and will be added to the main New Music Releases page within a few days. The page is sorted by release date and release details include links to buy.
3. Upload songs onto your Manitoba Music profile
You can have up to three mp3s. The new release details and event details pages automatically pull over one of those tracks if there is one.
4. Reaching out to us about booking about the Song of the Week
The Song of the Week is Manitoba Music's tool to add a bit of extra promotion to upcoming live music events, new releases, and other activities. If you’d like to be featured, email email@example.com as soon as you know your release date. These spots book up first-come, first-served, sometimes months in advance. You'll need to have permission to share the song via free stream and download and be able to provide an mp3, a high-resolution artist image, cover art, and some bullet points about any recent or upcoming news you're looking to share. Members can request one spot per 12 months.
6. Reach out about Manitoba Music's playlists
We currently have streaming playlists on Spotify. To be included, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for to have your song added and include the song link. Members can have one song at a time. Recording quality is important and demos are sometimes not eligible, depending on that quality.
5. Download the Manitoba Media Guide spreadsheet from the Members section of manitobamusic.com
If you’re putting out a media release to promote your show, this can be pretty helpful. It’s updated frequently.
6. Loop us in on any media coverage you're getting.
7. Add links to where people can buy and stream your music
In addition to links to buy on your new release detail pages, you can also just add links to buy and stream directly to the list of URLs on your profile. Be sure to add the http://.
8. Keep your Manitoba Music profile updated
All of these functions drive users to your profile page. Best to make sure you have current images, bio, links, videos, and news to keep them connected. Read more about how to make the most of your Manitoba Music profile page.
If you have questions about your profile, don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com