SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST Thursday February 20, 2020
Manitoba Music is partnering with BIGSOUND Festival and Conference in Brisbane, Australia for the second edition of the Indigenous North showcase, September 1-5, 2020.
This is an opportunity for export-ready artists from across Canada to perform for and network with influential Australian and international music industry professionals as well as engage in the local community in Brisbane, Australia.
The showcase will take place in conjunction with a music industry networking event where participants, and their artist managers or team members, would be expected to attend.
Travel subsidies may be available to successful participants.
Artists considered for this opportunity must be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you a current resident in Canada?
- Do you identify as an Indigenous person from Canada?
- Have you released original music in the past 18 months on a public platform?
- Have you played 8-12 shows in the past 6-12 months?
- Are you an export ready artist with a team (e.g. manager, label, agent, publicist, etc.)”??
- Do you have a current professional online presence? (website, social media, etc.)
- Do you have recent professional career activity? (e.g. industry showcases, awards and nominations, media coverage, etc.).
- Are you available to perform in Brisbane, Australia August 31 – September 5, 2020?
- Are you available to develop an export business plan starting in early July 2020? (in-person or phone/Skype)
- Fill out the submissions form below
Submissions will be evaluated by a jury of music industry professionals based on:
- Track record
- Strength of team
- Export readiness
Submissions will be rejected if late or incomplete.
For more information, please contact:
'Social Media, Website & Music Platforms' LAYOUT Example (but not limited to):
- Call for submissions Showcases Indigenous North Indigenous Music West BIGSOUND Market Development Manitoba Music