We’re launching a new spotlight on the stellar music community in Manitoba with a monthly series of interviews with local music makers. In each profile, an artist or rep from a music company will be featured in an interview by a local music writer and shared on the Manitoba Music site and socials.
This is an opportunity for up-and-coming and mid-career artists and companies who have exciting activity and have been actively participating in Manitoba Music’s programs and activities. Selected interviewees will be offered a small honourarium.
The series will offer a chance for members to promote upcoming events, releases, tours, projects, and other activity. This series will have a strong focus on gender diversity and BIPOC and LGBTQ2S+ voices.
To be considered for this opportunity you must:
- Have recent career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming projects or releases, shows, showcase, awards, media coverage, etc.)
- Have a solid presence across social media platforms
- Have a minimum of one original song or video on a streaming platform
- Update your Manitoba Music profile page with current music, images, bio, and links to social media
- Have a high resolution promo image
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
Artists may not be featured in Spotlight and Song of the Week within the same month.
Fill out the submissions form below
Submissions will be evaluated by a selection committee based on:
- Career activity
- Quality of promotional materials
For more info, please contact:
Rachel Stone, Operations & Communications Manager
Treaty 1 Territory