Planning to apply for Manitoba Film & Music’s Music Recording Production Fund? Manitoba Music is launching another grant writing incubator program to help! This program is for beginner to intermediate artists and industry professionals in Manitoba who are recording a single, EP, or album for commercial release, and want to apply for MFM’s upcoming January 21 deadline.
Over the course of two weeks, participants will be guided through the process of writing and applying for funding, with the guidance of experienced mentors and with the intention of submitting a funding application to MFM at the end of the two weeks. The program will cover business registration, application forms, budget, and marketing/project plans.
Those who want to participate in the incubator must have watched the MFM Info Session video before applying to ensure they’re ready and prepared to meet with a mentor.
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 4 2020 at 12PM CST
Confirmation of participation: Wednesday, January 6 at 4PM CST
Mentor sessions: Mondays, January 11 and 18; OR Tuesdays, January 12 and 19, between 5-9PM CST
To participate in the program, applicants must:
- Be an active Manitoba Music member;
- Be available the evenings of Mondays, January 11 and 18; OR Tuesdays January 12 and 19;
- Be eligible to apply for MFM programs (see applicant requirements here);
- Be recording an upcoming single, EP, or album for commercial release OR recording demos not intended for release OR writing and doing pre-production for an upcoming project;
- Have a sense of a release timeline and rough project plan that is relevant to the deadline on January 12;
- Have assessment tracks recorded and ready by the program start date:
- For a commercial single release: one quality, unreleased demo
- For a commercial EP or album release: two quality, unreleased demos;
- Watch the MFM info session
- Complete a the draft marketing plan guide
- Fill out the incubator application/registration form
For more info, please contact:
Elise Roller, Industry Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory