Call for Participants: MONITOR MIX Peer Mentor Groups 2021
Manitoba Music is offering a new round of MONITOR MIX: Peer Mentor Groups in 2021 for members who are looking for new connections and interested in learning more about the music industry in a small group setting with like-minded members of their community.
MONITOR MIX will allow participants to share ideas, networks, resources, and advice with each other, while receiving guidance from an artist or industry mentor who can speak from real experience. Lead mentors will host a monthly gathering with their small group to discuss questions, challenges, and triumphs as they work towards a career in music, in a safe and accepting environment. Groups will be no larger than eight people to promote connections within the group and maintain confidentiality.
This is an ongoing mentorship opportunity with the first sessions beginning in January or February 2021.
If you’re interested in participating, please fill out this form so we can place you in a Peer Mentor Group which is most relevant to your music career journey.
- Peer Mentor Groups will meet online via Zoom until they can safely meet in-person
- All those who sign up will be placed in a group that is best suited for their experience and goals
- Scheduling is flexible, based on availability of the participants
- Mentors and group members are expected to participate in every monthly meeting, except in exceptional circumstances
- Groups will meet monthly, based on the availability of each participant
- We will contact participants by the end of January with group information
For more info, please contact:
Elise Roller, Industry Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory