Call for Participants: MONITOR MIX Peer Mentor Groups 2022
Manitoba Music is offering a new round of MONITOR MIX Peer Mentor Groups in 2022. MONITOR MIX is a program designed to help our members make new connections, build community, and learn more about the music industry in a small group setting.
MONITOR MIX will create opportunities for participants to share ideas, resources, and support with each other while receiving guidance and feedback from mentors with real-world industry experience. Each month, mentors will host a gathering with their group to discuss questions, challenges, and triumphs as they build a career in music. Peer groups will be safe and accepting environments designed to promote connections within the group and maintain confidentiality.
Since all of our members have different needs, groups will be formed as needed. This will allow us to pair members with similar needs with the right mentor to help them achieve their goals.
This is an ongoing mentorship opportunity with the first sessions beginning in January or February 2022.
If you’re interested in participating, please fill out this form so we can place you in a Peer Mentor Group which is most relevant to your music career journey.
- Peer Mentor Groups will meet online via Zoom until they can safely meet in-person
- All members who sign up will be placed in a group that is best suited for their experience and goals
- Scheduling is flexible, based on availability of the participants
- Mentors and group members are expected to participate in every monthly meeting, except in exceptional circumstances
- Groups will meet monthly, based on the availability of each participant
- We will contact participants by the end of January with group information
For more info, please contact:
Alex Sannie, Professional Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory