Job Posting: Administrative Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Manitoba Music
POSITION: Administrative Coordinator
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
POSITION DETAILS: Full time
Reports to: Executive Director and Operations & Communications Manager
Deadline for applications: July 28 at 4PM
Manitoba Music is hiring for a new Administrative Coordinator position.
We’d love to work with a curious, driven person who excels at organizing details, shares our appreciation for spreadsheets, likes to work on multiple projects, is interested in working with a small collaborative crew of creative administrators, and thrives in a team environment. Passion for the local music and arts scene is a definite plus. Administrative Coordinator responsibilities include supporting regular office operations, proposal writing, funding reports, and financial administration.
Manitoba Music is a not-for-profit, member-based industry association with a mandate to help Manitoba’s music community reach its fullest potential. We work with over 700 members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, creatives, and companies.
Administration and Operations
- Receive, process and deposit cheques, track payments as per bookkeeping processes
- Reception, mail distribution, and other clerical duties
- Support administration of timely submission of funding requests and partnership proposals
- Manage office supplies and coordinate with suppliers
- Maintain physical and digital records
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets and reports
- Industry research, outreach, and data collection as needed
- Event-related activities and support
Assistant to the Executive Director
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar and coordinate meeting scheduling and logistics
- Schedule all Board and committee meetings and support logistics for meetings
- Support ED in communicating with Board and committees
- Support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other staff as needed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven work experience in administration or similar role
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly MS Word and MS Excel), Quickbooks, Google Docs and Sheets, and comfortable in a PC and Google Suite environments
- Familiarity with office systems and equipment
- Excellent time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Additional qualification in Office Administration is a plus
- Bilingual in French is an asset
This is a full-time position starting at $38,000 per year and 35 hours per week, with a benefits package and two weeks paid vacation.
Manitoba Music is committed to equity and inclusivity. First Nation Peoples, Metis Peoples, Inuit, Black People, People of Colour, women, LGBTQ2S, new Canadians, and people who exist at those intersections are encouraged to apply. Please visit www.manitobamusic.com/accountability for our Equity & Accountability Policy.
Manitoba Music is a busy and dynamic office in downtown Winnipeg. The position will require concentrated work in a shared office space with frequent interruptions. Our space is located in a heritage building up two flights of stairs. Please visit www.manitobamusic.com/accessibility for a description of our location and our Accessible Customer Service Standards.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We recognize that we are operating in an ongoing pandemic and health and safety guidelines and policies are updated as needed. Currently, Manitoba Music staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, wear masks at our events and in our office, and follow the health and safety requirements of venues where we hold events.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter outlining your interest and experience and resume with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4PM on Thursday July 28.