Deadline: April 10 at 11:59PM
We’re shining a spotlight on the stellar music community in Manitoba with a regular series of interviews with local music makers. In each profile, an artist or rep from a music company will be featured in an interview by a local music writer and shared on the Manitoba Music site and socials.
This is an opportunity for up-and-coming and mid-career artists and companies who have exciting activities and have been actively participating in Manitoba Music’s programs and activities. Selected interviewees will be offered a small honorarium.
The series will offer a chance for members to promote upcoming events, releases, tours, projects, and other activities. This series will have a strong focus on gender diversity and BIPOC and LGBTQ2S+ voices.
To be considered for this opportunity you must:
- Have recent career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming projects or releases, shows, showcases, awards, media coverage)
- Have a solid presence across social media platforms
- Have a minimum of one original song or video on a streaming platform
- Update your Manitoba Music profile page with current music, images, bio, and links to social media
- Have a high-resolution promo image
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
Artists may not be featured in Spotlight and Song of the Week within a three-month period.
If you have applied to be a part of the Spotlight Series prior to 2023 and were not selected, please consider re-applying with updated info.
Submissions will be evaluated by a selection committee based on:
- Career activity
- Quality of promotional materials
For more info, please contact:
Rachel Stone, Operations & Communications Manager
Treaty 1 Territory