Call for Participants: MONITOR MIX Peer Mentor Groups
Deadlines: June 15, September 15, December 15, March 15
Looking to make new connections, build your community, and learn more about the music industry? Manitoba Music is offering a new round of MONITOR MIX Peer Mentor Groups! MONITOR MIX is designed to help our members share knowledge in a small group setting, creating opportunities to share ideas, resources, and support with each other while receiving guidance and feedback from mentors with real-world industry experience. Each month, mentors will host a gathering with their group to discuss questions, challenges, and triumphs as they build a career in music. Peer groups will be safe and accepting environments designed to promote connections within the group and maintain confidentiality.
Since all of our members have different needs, groups will be formed as needed. This will allow us to pair members with similar needs with the right mentor to help them achieve their goals.
This is an ongoing mentorship opportunity with the first sessions beginning in June 2023.
If you’re interested in participating, please fill out the application form so we can place you in a peer mentor group that is most relevant to your music career journey.
To participate in the program, applicants must:
- Be an active Manitoba Music member
- Be available to meet with their peer mentor groups will meet once monthly either online via Zoom or in-person (to be decided by each group by it’s mentors and participants)
Please be aware:
- Scheduling is flexible, based on the availability of the participants
- Mentors and group members are expected to participate in every monthly meeting, except in exceptional circumstances
- All members who sign up will be placed in a group that is best suited for their experience and goals
- We will contact participants in June with group information prior to their first meeting
For more info, please contact:
Alex Sannie, Professional Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory