Acoustic Bluegrass Country Folk
INFLUENCES: Gordon Lightfoot, Lenny Breau, Bob Dylan
- 67 original songs and instrumentals all registered with SOCAN
- Recorded 6 original albums
- All tunes available through Indiepool online digital distribution ( i-tunes, Spotify, Google Play, Tidal, Shazam, Amazon, Napster, etc.)
- 24 youtube videos
- Past TV performances on THE WESTERN HOUR, hosted by Len Fairchuk, and THE GOLDEN AGE JAMBOREE from the Lions Place, hosted by Larry Carriere
- Radio play and/or feature on CBC, campus radio, Golden West Radio (eg. MADE IN MANITOBA program)
- Dominantly acoustic guitar with a unique, original flat picking style, which Don calls Canadian Flat Picking- a good example being the instumental LAKE HURON PICKING off Don's THE GREAT LAKES album, where John Shritt ( from the group Elias, Shritt, and Bell accompanies with spoons in the background).
- Another great song is THE SUZANNE E. , from Don's album LAKE WINNIPEG LEGENDS, a true story about the last shipwreck on Lake Winnipeg ( inspired by THE WRECK OF THE EDMUND FITZGERALD).
- Another popular song is the growling song, THE ATIKOKAN BEAR ( a bear that smelled BBQ chicken at a campsite near Atikokan, Ontario). See youtube and digital tunes.
- Also, IF I WAS A FISH, a smart fish that always got away.
- Don presently performs mostly solo, and with Lois Taylor, a singer.