In the early 1950’s, Ernie Kendall built the Kenmor theatre as an “up-to-date” theatre intended for live performance by Ernie Kendall. However, after Ernie’s passing, his son Ernest W. Kendall Jr. took over the business and completed the theatre as a film theatre. Local news articles claimed “Film entertainment for Mordenites is now found in one of the finest theatres in rural Manitoba.” The Kenmor was known throughout the 80’s and 90’s as the Morden Cinema, but it was after the turn of the century when it became a popular venue for live performances.
- Richard Klassen Klassen
- 130 7th Street Morden MB Canada
- 1 204 822 7469