- Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 10pm
- Al Simmons
- FortWhyte Alive
- 1961 McCreary Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Join us for a full day of family fun, complete with live entertainment and exciting outdoor activities at FortWhyte Alive's Earth Day Celebration!
Help us honour the planet with lessons in sustainability, special programming at FortWhyte Farms and a chance to explore the site at no cost – admission is FREE all day.
- Live music, storytelling and more at our CBC Manitoba Entertainment Stage hosted by John Sauder!
- An opportunity to learn about the other organizations that work to promote sustainability and environmental education in our province
- Special programs at FortWhyte Farms including a mini market, tours, activities, and a chance to meet the animals
- Crafts with Art City
- A delicious BBQ lunch on the patio
- Car battery and tire recycling by CAA Manitoba
- Mother Earth Recycling will be picking up your old household electronics and personal computers
Plus, all of your favourite FortWhyte activities, including voyageur canoe rides, archery, guided hikes, dipnetting, bannock roasts, facepainting, and more!
To encourage green transportation to this event, we'll be offering free Winnipeg Transit service at designated pick-up points around the city. Bike Winnipeg will lead guided group rides to FortWhyte, and we'll also have complimentary service at the Bike Valet.
NEW this year – we'll be selling tickets for FortWhyte Alive's Earth Day 50/50 Raffle! Purchase your $2 raffle ticket in support of environmental education programs at FortWhyte Alive. The draw will take place at our Earth Day celebration at 3 pm. Details at fortwhyte.org/earthdayraffle.
For more information on the day’s activities, and to learn about the best ways to travel to FortWhyte by bus or bike, please visit fortwhyte.org/event/earthday/!
What Firefighters Wear And Why by Al Simmons