Manitoba Music Employment Opportunity: Program Coordinator
Posted on November 20, 2009
Manitoba Music is looking for a personable, flexible, detail-oriented multi-tasker to join our team as Program Coordinator. Working closely with Manitoba Music’s Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the delivery of Manitoba Music’s programs.
ABOUT MANITOBA MUSIC
Manitoba Music (formerly MARIA) is a member-based, not-for-profit industry association representing over 700 members in all facets of the music industry. Through our programs and services, we provide information, education, communication, advocacy, industry development, and networking opportunities to nurture, develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Manitoba music industry. We think music is fun. For more information, please visit www.manitobamusic.com.
The responsibilities of the Program Coordinator are as follows:
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for Manitoba Music’s business development and exporting marketing programs.
- Administer Market Access Program contracts on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain program databases.
- Develop program materials such as guidelines, forms, and marketing material.
- Prepare program cost reports.
- Develop and maintain program filing system.
- Compile industry data and program success stories.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Prepare implementation plans including critical paths, project synopses, and budgets.
- Provide narrative and financial reports as required.
- Provide administrative support for the Project Steering Committee and all sub-committees including arranging meetings, preparing and distributing packages, and taking minutes.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with research requirements on an as-needed basis.
This is a full-time, term position ending March 31, 2013. The salary is $32,000 per annum.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Excellent writing and communication skills,
- Experience in financial record keeping and reporting,
- Experience in program development and management,
- A proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects,
- Work well under pressure, in a fast paced environment,
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting as required,
- A resourceful, creative and flexible approach to problem-solving,
- Ability to work confidently in Microsoft Office,
- Have a minimum of 2 years administrative experience.
The following are considered assets:
- Knowledge of the Manitoba music industry,
- Previous experience working in a not-for-profit organization,
- Related post-secondary education,
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Fluency in French.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé with cover letter and three references no later than 4pm, Thursday, December 3, 2009 to:
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2
ATTN: Hiring Committee
Applications should be hard copy or emailed PDF documents. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.