Find the Fun in Funding: Grants and Loans for Musicians
Wed, Sep 5, 2007 at 7pm
- Kevin Walters, Manager, Sound Recording Programs, Manitoba Film and Sound; Sara Stasiuk, Programs and Operations Manager, MARIA, and Regional Evaluation Coordinator, FACTOR; Ian Babb, Program Officer, Non-Classical Music, Canada Council for the Arts
- MARIA Resource Centre
- 1-376 Donald Street
The workshop will focus on support for recording, touring, and showcasing. The panel will illustrate what staff and jury members are looking for in a successful application, will provide tips on how to put together the strongest application possible for your project, and will share insight on the jury process.
Whether you are new to the world of funding or have experience writing applications, this session will offer solid advice for creating successful grant applications for your next recording project, tour, or showcase.
The workshop panel will focus on the following programs.
- FACTOR: Demo Program
- FACTOR: Sound Recording Loan – Juried
Film and Sound: Sound RecordingProduction Fund Manitoba Council: Specialized Sound Recording Canada
- FACTOR: Domestic and International Tour Support
Film and Sound: Tour Support Manitoba Council: Tour Support Canada
- FACTOR: Domestic and International Showcase Support
- MFS / MARIA: Market Access Program
Council: Market and Audience Development Travel Grant Canada
This workshop is offered free of charge. Space is limited, please register in advance by contacting Sean at email@example.com or 975-5191.
Contact: Sean McManus