SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, May 27, 2021
Indigenous Music is connecting up-and-coming artists with Canadian music industry professionals through a music business accelerator on National Indigenous Peoples Day, June 21 2021. The two-day project features professional development sessions including one-on-one mentor meetings, panel and roundtable discussion, and a pre-recorded showcase.
Participants will meet with and learn from pros working in artist management, talent buying and music festivals, and publicity in panels/roundtable discussions to discuss challenges and barriers when team building, and representation on national, regional, and local stages.
Indigenous Music will produce performance videos to be premiered on June 21 on the Indigenous Music Facebook page for music industry delegates, music fans, and community members.
One-on-One Mentor Meetings
After meeting virtually and seeing artists perform through the virtual showcase, one-on-one mentor meetings will focus on each participant’s career and goals. Mentors will be decided with input of participants.
Participants will be selected by a committee of industry professionals to participate. Backline can be provided upon request. An honourarium will be provided to participants for their performance.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit artist or group
- Be able to perform up to 15 minutes of original material or arrangements live
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Have a track record of virtual or live performances in the last two years
- Have artist profile pages on social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter)
- Be available June 5 or 6 to film and June 21-22 for professional development workshops + one-on-ones
- Update your indigenousmusic.ca profile page with current music, images, bio, and links to social media
NOTE: The selection committee will review the information that you submit along with everything on your indigenousmusic.com artist profile page.
Fill out the submissions form below
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Quality of recorded music
- Quality of promotional materials
- Rationale for the opportunity
- Online presence and fan engagement
For more info, please contact:
Ashley Bieniarz, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory