You’re passionate about music and promoting First Nation, Métis, and Inuit artists on a global stage. You’re a flexible thinker who excels in administration and project management. You love making new connections, communicating with people, and supporting the collective work of a small team.
If this is you… we’re looking for a collaborative, resourceful, organized, compassionate, and adaptable person to support the work of a new program focused on creating export opportunities for Indigenous artists from across Canada and amplifying their successes. Developed in partnership with and led by Aboriginal Music Manitoba (AMM), the sākihiwē Export Accelerator will pilot and evaluate an online alternative to showcasing at music conferences.
This is a part-time contract position focused on admin skills, time management, project management, outreach, and customer service to deliver this exciting new slate of programming to a small cohort of program participants. You would work directly with the project lead from AMM as well as Manitoba Music’s team.
We encourage Indigenous people to apply by the deadline of 4 PM on Thursday, November 23, 2023.
- Program administration and project management including preparing plans, timelines, budgets, and cost reports
- Communicating with program participants, in-market consultants, funders, stakeholders, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating virtual and in-person meetings, creating meeting agendas, booking flights and accommodations, arranging for catering for meetings
- Assisting with program evaluation, compiling results, data, and success stories
- Marketing and some social media support for project initiatives
Skills & Experience
- Proven work experience in administration and project management
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly MS Word and MS Excel), Google Docs and Sheets, and comfortable in PC and Google Suite environments, and ability to work with Zoom, Monday.com, Slack
- Excellent time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
Terms & Conditions
- This is a part-time contract position for the duration of the program starting the week of January 8, 2024 and ending March 31, 2025.
- Work hours will be part-time and flexible at approximately five hours per week within an agreed schedule. Roughly 15-20 hours per week expected in August and September 2024, and February 2025.
- Total contract fee will be $15,000 - $18,000.
- Program activity is based in Winnipeg with the expectation of some remote work and opportunities to work from the AMM office and Manitoba Music’s office.
- Computer and hardware will not be provided.
How To Apply
Please fill out the application Google Form by November 23 at 4 PM. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal Music Manitoba
Aboriginal Music Manitoba (AMM) produces the sākihiwē festival, an outreach concert series, and projects that build audiences at the community level and beyond.
Find out more at www.sakihiwe.ca/about-us
Manitoba Music is a not-for-profit, member-based industry association with a mandate to help Manitoba’s music community reach its fullest potential. We work with over 700 members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, creatives, and companies.
Learn more about our team at www.manitobamusic.com/team
Read our Equity & Accountability Policy at www.manitobamusic.com/accountability
Read our Accessible Customer Service Standards and description of location at www.manitobamusic.com/accessibility