SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm CST Thursday, February 9, 2012
Manitoba Music is coordinating an afternoon/evening of live performances at the Scotiabank Stage at The Forks on Canada Day -- Sunday, July 1, 2012. One of Manitoba’s most popular summer destinations, The Forks attracts thousands of visitors to its Canada Day event. This year’s concerts will celebrate and promote Manitoba artists with a multi-genre concert featuring solo artists, bands, and DJs, on the marquee stage at The Forks. This event is free and open to the public.
Performances must be ‘family-friendly’ in language and content. We welcome submissions from high energy bands and solo artists with full-band accompaniment, in all genres.
Artists will be compensated for their performance.
To be considered for a performance, you must:
- Have a current release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be available to perform on the afternoon and/or evening of July 1, 2012
- Be prepared to perform a minimum 30 minutes set of primarily original music
- Be a member of Manitoba Music
Preference will be given to artists who:
- Have received recent radio play in Canada
- Have cultivated a significant local audience and local press
- Appeal to a wide audience
Submit by email to email@example.com the following:
- “Canada Day at The Forks” in the subject line
- A link to your manitobamusic.com profile page (ensure your profile is updated with current music and artist bio)
- A list of recent accomplishments / current activities
- A short professional artist bio (maximum 200 words)
- Current high resolution (300 dpi) image or link to where one can be downloaded
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Professional history
- Demonstrated audience following
For more info, please contact:
Ruben Ramalheiro, Program Coordinator