SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm CST Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program is producing a showcase for Aboriginal music presenters and promoters in Winnipeg on March 24, 2012. The showcase will be held at the Pyramid Cabaret and the presenters include Patti Shaughnessy (Ode'min Giizis Festival), Adele Boychuk (Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Association), Sky Bridges (APTN’s Aboriginal Day Live), Dalton Higgins (Harbourfront Centre), and Shawn Termin (National Museum of the American Indian - NYC).
Aboriginal artists and bands that live in Manitoba and perform original country, rock, blues, hip hop, and folk are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
To be considered for a showcase, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (prepared to capitalize on opportunities at these festivals and venues)
- Be a member of Manitoba Music.
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 4pm CST the following:
- “AMP Presenter Showcase” in the subject line
- A link to your aboriginalmusic.ca profile page (ensure your profile is updated with current music and artist bio before you submit)
- A list of recent accomplishments in the music industry
- A rationale for how this showcase fits your development plan (approximately 200 words)
- A current high resolution (300 dpi) image or link to where one can be downloaded
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Accomplishments in the music industry
- Export readiness (updated website, professional promotional photos, music video online, etc.)
- Rationale for the showcase
For more info, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Program Coordinator