SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, November 29, 2012
Manitoba Music is accepting submissions from artists planning to attend the Folk Alliance International conference in Toronto, February 20-24, 2013 to perform as part of Manitoba Music private showcases. This is an opportunity to perform for and network with influential music industry professionals from the Canadian and international folk and roots community.
The International Folk Alliance conference is an annual event that draws together music industry professionals from throughout the world to share ideas, network, and celebrate folk and roots music and dance. Held over five days, the conference includes over 1750 registered attendees, workshops, panels, and meetings, over 100 industry exhibitors, plus special events, receptions, official showcases, private showcase performances, and an exhibit hall.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Have financial capacity to undertake travel and accommodations (Market Access Program support is available, but will not cover full costs)
- Be a Manitoba Music member
Submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- “Folk Alliance Showcase” in the subject line
- Indication of your interest and availability:
- Pre-conference showcase on February 19 at a Toronto venue
- Private showcases the evenings of February 20, 21, 22, and/or 23.
- A link to your manitobamusic.com profile page (ensure updated/current music, bio, etc.)
- A rationale for how this showcase fits your career development plan
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) or link to where one can be downloaded
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for the showcase
- Track record
- Export readiness
For more info, please contact:
Sean McManus, Program Manager