SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, December 13, 2012
Manitoba Music will be presenting showcases in Winnipeg for guest speakers from our upcoming MusicWorks panels. These showcases offer artists a unique opportunity to perform for and network with influential music industry professionals from outside Manitoba.
- January 12 - Managers Panel with Stephen Carroll, Empirical Artist Services (Imaginary Cities, Parper Lions); Gourmet Delice, Bonsound (Les Breastfeeders, Lisa LeBlanc, Malajube); Paul Quigley, Upper Management (Said The Whale, Rah Rah); and Jason Burns, Sonic Entertainment (Rich Aucoin, Hey Rosetta!, Old Man Luedecke)
- February 2 - Song Listening Session with Steven Himmelfarb, The Billions Corporation (St. Vincent, Tokyo Police Club, Shad); Neville Quinlan, Peermusic; Julian Tuck, CBC Radio 2; Justin West, Secret City Records (Patrick Watson)
- March 2 - Indie Music Panel with Tim Potocic, Sonic Unyon (Young Rival, Ringo Deathstarr); David “Click” Cox, Clk Creative Works (Emma Lee, Saidah Baba Talibah); Sandy Pandya, Pandyamonium Management (Serena Ryder)
Full workshop and speaker details will be available shortly at manitobamusic.com/workshops.
We welcome submissions from artists of all genres. Preference will be given to artists who perform music appropriate for the visiting speakers. Before submitting, we strongly encouraged applicants to research the speakers’ bios and their companies.
To be considered for a showcase, you must:
- Have a current release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be available to perform on January 12, February 2, and/or March 2
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
Submit the following by email to email@example.com:
- “Manitoba Music Showcases” in the subject line
- Indicate which showcase date(s) you are submitting for
- A link to your manitobamusic.com profile (updated with current music, bio, etc)
- A short rationale for how this showcase fits your development plan
- Current high resolution (300 dpi) image or link to where one can be downloaded
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Strength of team
For more info, please contact:
Ruben Ramalheiro, Program Coordinator