Manitoba Music will release a new promotional music sampler in March 2013. This multi-genre collection will represent new Manitoba releases by export-ready artists, and will be targeted to music industry professionals and media in all areas of popular music.
The compilation will be distributed digitally and as a CD to industry professionals and journalists including at music industry conferences and in support of Manitoba Music export trade missions.
To be eligible to submit, artists must meet the following export readiness criteria:
- Have a history of professional touring and a strong online presence.
- Have a team that includes at least one of: manager, label, agent.
- Have received at least one official invitation to showcase at a major international music conference such as NXNE, SXSW, or Folk Alliance.
To have your track included for consideration, please submit ALL of the following:
- Mastered CD or WAV audio file with selected track clearly indicated
- The following information (use this form):
o Artist name, song title, songwriting/publishing credit, track length
o Genre classification (maximum three words)
o 20-word artist bio (for use in liner notes)
o Public contact information: name, company, phone, email, website
o If applicable, label and publisher contact information (as above)
- Completed Grant of Rights form (or similar from the label or publisher)
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
This opportunity is exclusively available to members of Manitoba Music. For more information about Manitoba Music membership, visit manitobamusic.com or contact Donna Evans at 204.975.4217, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit by 4pm, February 7, 2013 to:
Send a single zipped folder via YouSendIt or similar to email@example.com.
Ruben Ramalheiro, Program Coordinator
1-376 Donald Street
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.