SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, June 19, 2014
Manitoba Music is presenting the Manitoba SongCamp Songwriter Retreat, an innovative opportunity that will bring nine performing songwriters together to enhance their songwriting chops through collaboration. The three-day co-writing retreat will take place in a tranquil cabin setting in the Whiteshell (an hour east of Winnipeg), July 20 – July 23, 2014.
We welcome submissions from artists of all genres. Transportation, accommodations, and meals will be provided. Applicants must be prepared to collaborate and co-write.
Participants will be encouraged to perform at a post-retreat event on August 6, 2014 for Manitoba Music Night at New Music Wednesdays.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current release (demo \ EP \ full-length)
- Be available from July 20 – July 23, 2014
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
- Be 18 years of age or older
To submit, fill out the submissions form:
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
The following are considered assets:
- A link to a recent video (a cappella or with acoustic instrument) -- We are not looking for a professional music video, just a quick and easy one-shot of you performing one of your songs
- Can be uploaded to YouTube or similar service (marketing as “private” is fine)
- Can be uploaded via Dropbox or similar service
- Video files will not be accepted via email
- Ability to accompany yourself with guitar, keyboard, or other acoustic instrument
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for how this opportunity fits your development plan
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
For more information, please contact:
Roland Deschambault, Training Coordinator