SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, February 26, 2015 (in office)
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program (AMP) will be distributing marketing materials for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit members at the 2015 Reservation Economic Summit trade show in Las Vegas, March 9-12, 2015. There will only be enough display space for up to six CDs and 20 one-sheets from AMP participants.
The main goal of the trade show booth is to encourage Native American community leaders to book Aboriginal artists from Manitoba for live performances in their communities. All CDs and one-sheets will be given away for free to conference delegates who have the ability to present music in their communities. Volume 6 of the Manitoba Aboriginal Artists compilation CD will also be distributed at the trade show.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Have a current release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Have a website that features your music, videos, and contact information
- Be able to cross the Canada/U.S. border and work in the U.S.
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
NOTE: Due to limited display space we can only accept one submission per member.
To submit, drop off or mail in the following:
- Six copies of your latest release (please include a sticker that says “For promotional use only. Not for resale.” on each CD).
- 20 copies of a one-sheet that includes a photo, biography, and contact information
All submissions will be displayed at the trade show, unless all above stated requirements are not met.
Submissions must be received in office by Thursday, February 26, 2015. Manitoba Music is open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2J2
ATTN: Aboriginal Music Program
For more info, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Program Manager