Submission Deadline: 4PM CST March 20, 2015
The Exchange District BIZ and Manitoba Music are partnering once again to present a series of noon hour concerts at The Cube stage in Old Market Square. The series will celebrate Manitoba artists over the month of August in the setting of Winnipeg’s historic and bustling Exchange District. All events are free and open to the public.
Performances must be family-friendly in language and content. We welcome submissions from high energy Manitoba bands or solo artists with full-band accompaniment who are prepared to perform a one-hour set of mostly original music for an outdoor audience.
Six acts will be selected, and artists will be compensated for their performance. The final performer selection will rest with the Exchange District BIZ.
To be considered for a performance, you must:
- Have a current release (demo/EP/full-length)
- Be available to perform over the noon-hour (12– 1PM) on at least one of the following dates:
- Be prepared to perform a one-hour set with mostly original music
- Be a Manitoba Music member
Preference will be given to artists who:
- Appeal to a wide audience
- Have cultivated a local audience and local media coverage
- Have a track record of strong live performances
- Have a strong social media presence
- Fill out the submission form at manitobamusic.com/apply
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Professional history
- Demonstrated audience following
For more info, please contact:
Donna Evans, Membership & Operations Coordinator