Showcase Opportunity: National Aboriginal Day
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, May 20, 2015
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program is producing a showcase for a delegation of music presenters and managers in Winnipeg during the National Aboriginal Day weekend. The showcase is set for June 20, 2015 at the Pyramid Cabaret and up to five First Nation, Métis, or Inuit acts will be selected to perform.
To be eligible to submit, artists must meet the following criteria:
- Have a history of performances at music festivals
- Have a website, a Facebook fan page, and an active Twitter account
- Have a recent or upcoming release (EP or full album)
- Be a member of Manitoba Music
- Be a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit artist or group
To submit, fill out the form at: manitobamusic.com/submissions
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your manitobamusic.com artist profile page.
Also be sure to update your aboriginalmusic.ca artist profile page with:
- Current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Quality of the music
- Audience engagement online
- Rationale for the showcase
For more information about Manitoba Music membership, visit manitobamusic.com or contact Donna Evans at 204.975.4217, email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Development Manager