Deadline for applications: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 4PM
We’re looking for a friendly, organized, creative, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and outgoing individual to join our team as our Administrative & Communications Assistant. The ideal candidate is passionate about music, works well under pressure, has good problem-solving skills, can switch quickly between tasks, and doesn’t mind working flexible hours on occasion. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entry-level communications or admin professional who wishes to expand their skill base and knowledge, and take an active role in an exciting industry. This a full-time position with a health benefits plan.
Manitoba Music is a not-for-profit, membership-driven music industry association with an office located in Winnipeg, known internationally as a leader in music industry development. We are a dynamic, flexible, and fast-paced office built on teamwork, high standards, and skills development for our staff. We are responsive to the needs of our members and the trends in our industry. We love to do meaningful work and are always striving to do more and better for our music community.
This position covers front desk duties and provides administrative and communications assistance to Manitoba Music management and staff.
- Client reception and phone switchboard management
- General clerical duties (mail sorting, filing, copying, correspondence, inventory, industry research)
- Meeting coordination, Board of Directors support, and minute-taking
- Implementation of Manitoba Music’s communications and social media strategies
- Web content creation (writing and graphic design)
- Attendance at local music events as assigned
- Event planning
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Some experience or education in administration and communications, including social media
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and working knowledge of office procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- Proficiency with office equipment (copier, printer, phone systems)
- Knowledge of the Manitoba music industry is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) is an asset
Working Conditions and Environment
- Office is located on the first floor of a walk-up building, with two small flights of stairs.
- Position is located in a busy, open area office and is faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Will have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position.
- Must deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter, three references, and salary expectations with “Administrative & Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please email if further information is required. No phone or in-person inquiries please.