SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Thursday, January 14, 2016
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program is leading a small trade mission to Native American communities in Southern California at the end of February/beginning of March. The project will provide up to five First Nation, Métis, or Inuit music professionals with a chance to connect with tribal leaders, Native American recording artists, talent buyers at Native American casinos, Native American media, and Native American event producers during a three-day tour of the region.
Participants will receive a roundtrip economy flight along with a hotel room in the region for the duration of the mission. The group will travel to meetings together in a rented vehicle, but meals and other expenses will be the responsibility of each participant.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of Manitoba Music and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit music entrepreneur, industry professional, or self-managed artist
- Have a valid passport and the ability to cross all international borders
- Be able to provide opportunities in Manitoba for Native American artists and/or be able to take action on business opportunities in Southern California
To submit, fill out the form at manitobamusic.com/submissions
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your aboriginalmusic.ca profile page.
Also be sure to update your aboriginalmusic.ca artist profile page with:
- Current music (if you’re an artist or representative of a band)
- A recent artist bio or business description that highlights your international experience/relevance
- At least one current high resolution image (300 dpi) or a vector version of your corporate logo uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Ability to provide opportunities in Manitoba for Native American artists and/or be able to take action on business opportunities in Southern California (please use the “Bio” section in the submissions form for this information)
- International experience/relevance (please use the “Recent Developments” section in the submissions form for this information)
For more information about Manitoba Music membership, visit manitobamusic.com.
We acknowledge the financial support of FACTOR and Canada’s private radio broadcasters.
For more information, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Development Manager