Deadline for applications: 4PM CST November 21, 2016
Reporting to the Program Manager and working closely with other staff, the Program Administrative Assistant is responsible for helping maintain Manitoba Music’s administrative services in order to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the association’s programs and services. This is a contract position ending March 31, 2017.
- Provide administrative support for Manitoba Music’s market access, business development, and export marketing programs.
- Assist in the administration of client contracts and maintenance of program databases.
- Assist in the compilation of industry data and program success stories.
- Provide administrative support for program staff and steering committee including arranging meetings, preparing and distributing packages, and taking minutes.
- Assist with research requirements on an as-needed basis.
- Research and maintain live music listings.
- Work at the reception area greeting clients and visitors, answering phones, screening and directing calls, taking and relaying messages, answering general inquiries, and maintaining the reception areas.
- Assist in the execution of Manitoba Music’s communications and social media.
- Assist in the maintenance of Manitoba Music online resources.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Some experience in financial record keeping and reporting
- Knowledge of the local music industry
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting as required
- Ability to work confidently in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of working in a not-for-profit organization
Working Conditions and Environment
- Office is located on the first floor of a walk-up building, with two small flights of stairs.
- Position is located in a busy, open area office and is faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Will have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position.
- Must deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
Send a PDF of your resume and cover letter by 4PM CST November 21, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please email if further information is required. No phone or in-person inquiries please.