SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Thursday, July 12, 2018
Manitoba Music is presenting showcases and networking sessions this fall in Minneapolis, Winnipeg, and Milwaukee during the week of November 5-9, 2018. As part of a music exchange with our partners at 89.3 FM The Current in Minnesota, one Manitoba band will perform on a bill with two bands from Minneapolis and Milwaukee. These showcases are an opportunity to perform for and network with key music industry professionals from across the Northern Midwest including labels, agents, promoters, buyers, publicists, and more.
Minneapolis represents an important live music market that is within easy touring reach for Manitoba bands, and is home to innovative music industry companies in all sectors. This exchange will promote Manitoba artists to audiences, media, promoters, venues, and industry in the Minneapolis market and will include shows and networking sessions in each city. The participating Manitoba act also be featured in coverage on 89.3 FM The Current.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Have toured a minimum of 10 dates outside of Manitoba within the last year
- Be able and available to travel to and from Minneapolis, and Milwaukee, the week of November 5-9, 2018.
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be 21 or older (applies to all band members)
- Fill out the submissions form manitobamusic.com/submissions
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music (up to three tracks -- may be selected for streaming playlists)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
- Update your Business Profile at manitobamusic.com/members/business-profile (must be logged in)
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Export readiness
- Rationale for the showcase
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Program Assistant