APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Monday, September 17, 2018
The Manitoba Arts Network has partnered with Manitoba Music’s Indigenous Music Development Program (IMDP) to provide up to five Manitoba based First Nation, Metis, and Inuit solo artists, musicians, or bands with four days of mentorship with music professionals. The program will take place during Manitoba Showcase 2018 October 25-28, 2018 in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba.
This is an opportunity for up and coming, entry level artists, bands, songwriters, and musicians who are working primarily with their own original music to get guidance, make connections, and learn all about how contact events like Manitoba Showcase work.
The Indigenous Artist Development Program is open to First Nation, Metis, and Inuit solo artists, musicians, and bands currently residing in Manitoba. All participants must be 18-years-of-age or older. All genres will be accepted.
Travel & Accommodations
Invited participants will receive mileage, one hotel room (bands can share or make their own arrangements for additional rooms at their own expense), meals will be provided. We are unable to accommodate children or caregivers, so parents will need to make arrangements.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Artist bio
- Description of how this program fits in your overall music career plan
- Link to your website and/or social media
- Link to where your music can be heard (e.g. your website, YouTube, Bandcamp, Spotify, Manitoba Music profile, etc.) OR attach one mp3 (no WAV files, please)
Each application will be adjudicated by a jury of music industry professionals. The jury will review the information that you submit along with your website and/or social media profiles. Applications will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Strong vocals and/or interesting lyrics if you’re a singer, singer/songwriter, or emcee
- Solid musicianship if you’re a musician or beat maker/music producer
- Momentum, demonstrated in your bio and recent accomplishments in existing or other projects
- Demonstrated interest in developing a career in music
- Quality of promotional materials and social media presence
For more information about this project, please contact:
This opportunity has been funded by the Government of Canada