SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Thursday, September 26, 2019
Manitoba Music is teaming up with BreakOut West, SaskMusic, Alberta Music, and Music BC to host a private showcase room at Folk Alliance International in New Orleans from January 22-26, 2020. We’re now accepting submissions for showcase opportunities at the event. This is an opportunity for export-ready artists to perform for and network with influential music industry professionals from the Canadian and international folk and roots community.
The Folk Alliance International Conference is the world’s largest gathering of the folk music industry and community. The annual conference draws 2,900 artists and industry (agents, managers, publishers, labels, festival/venue presenters, promoters, media) dedicated to folk music. Delegates who attended the 2019 conference represented 48 countries. Held over five days, the conference includes workshops, panels, and meetings, over 100 industry exhibitors, plus special events, receptions, official showcases, private showcase performances, and an exhibit hall.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Have financial capacity to undertake travel and accommodations
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
- Update your manitobamusic.com profile page with current music, artist bio, current promo image, links to social media
- Fill out the submission form here: marcatoapp.com/forms/manitobamusic/folkalliance
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for the showcase
- Track record
- Export readiness
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Membership & Events Coordinator