Showcase Opportunity: Midwest Music Exchange | Deadline: Jan 13
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Monday January 13, 2020
Manitoba Music is presenting showcases, radio sessions, and networking events in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, and Winnipeg, the week of April 13-19, 2020. As part of a music exchange with our partners at 89.3 FM The Current in Minnesota and 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, one export-ready Manitoba act will perform on a bill with two acts from Minneapolis and Milwaukee.
The Northern Midwest represents an important live music market that is within close touring reach for Manitoba artists, and is home to innovative music industry companies in all sectors. This exchange will promote Manitoba artists to audiences, radio, media, promoters, venues, and industry in Minneapolis and Milwaukee. The participating Manitoban artist also be featured in coverage on 89.3 FM The Current and 88Nine Radio Milwaukee.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Have toured a minimum of 10 dates outside of Manitoba within the last year
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be available to travel to and from Minneapolis and Milwaukee, the week of April 13-19 2020. (Export Showcase Program funding may be available, but will not cover full costs)
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be 21 or older (applies to all band members)
- Not have any other shows booked in Winnipeg a month before the week of April 13.
- Be prepared to participate in promotion of the showcase on social media etc.
- Fill out the submissions form below.
- Update your manitobamusic.com profile page with:
- current music
- artist bio
- current promo image
- links to social media
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Export readiness
- Rationale for the showcase
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Membership & Events Coordinator
Treaty One Territory