Showcase Opportunity: Manitoba Music Export and Indigenous Music West at Thriving Roots | Deadline: August 6
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Thursday, August 6, 2020
Manitoba Music Export and Indigenous Music West are presenting a pre-recorded showcase at the AmericanaFest Thriving Roots Virtual Community Conference, September 16 - 18, 2020. This is an opportunity for three artists (solo musicians or bands) to perform and connect in an online conference setting with influential music industry professionals, publishers, and songwriters within the Nashville brand of americana, country, blues, and roots. Selected artists will perform three original songs and will be interviewed by a host on camera at a venue.
Presented by the Americana Music Association Foundation, Thriving Roots is a brand new event with almost 100 online sessions that go beyond today's webinar-style virtual conferences. Featuring live engaging panels with today's top industry leaders and artists for intimate conversations on music, culture and everything in between.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba or Indigenous Music West participant
- Perform music of americana, country, blues, or roots genre
- Be available for an on-camera performance video shoot the week of August 17
To submit fill out the submission form below.
Submissions will be evaluated by a jury based on:
- Rationale for the showcase
- Track record
- Export readiness
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Membership and Events Coordinator