Call for Participants: Canada Council for the Arts Grant Writing Incubator
Deadline: Thursday, May 20 at 12PM CST
Indigenous Music is launching a grant writing incubator for the Canada Council for the Arts’ Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples grants. This program is for beginner to intermediate artists and industry professionals who identify as Indigenous or who work with Indigenous identifying artists in Manitoba who are recording a single, EP, or album for commercial release, and want to apply for Canada Council’s upcoming June 16 deadline for Short-Term and Long-Term Projects.
Over two weeks, participants will be guided through the process of writing and applying for funding, with the guidance of experienced mentors. The program will cover application forms, budget, and marketing/project plans.
To get ready for this project, participants should watch the Canada Council for the Arts info session on May 11 via Indigenous Music's live videos.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, May 20 at 12PM CST
Confirmation of participation: Friday, May 21 at 12PM CST
Mentor sessions: Mondays May 24 and May 31 between 1-4PM OR Tuesdays May 25 and June 1, between 1-4PM
To participate in the program, applicants must:
- Be available the evenings of Mondays May 24 or May 31 OR Tuesdays May 25 and June 1
- Be a First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis professional artist
- Be an artist based in Manitoba or a company working with artists based in Manitoba
- Be eligible to apply for Canada Council programs
- Be recording an upcoming single, EP, or album for commercial release OR recording demos not intended for release OR writing and doing pre-production for an upcoming project
- Have a sense of a release timeline and rough project plan that is relevant to the deadline on June 16
Fill out the application form below.
Accepted participants will be expected to:
- Be registered on the Canada Council for the Arts Portal
- Create or update an Artist CV
- Have assessment tracks recorded and ready by the grant deadline
- Watch the Canada Council for the Arts Info Session on May 11
- Start a draft budget
Participants are strongly encouraged to watch the You've Been Selected: How to Submit Stronger Applications video by the program start date.
For more info, please contact:
Ashley Bieniarz, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory