Deadline: Monday, October 3 at 4PM
The Indigenous Music Development Program at Manitoba Music is producing a third installment of the Talking Stick video series, which spotlights First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists. The series will feature professionally-produced live performances of new original music by up to four artists/bands along with on-camera interviews.
Manitoba Music will post the videos online and share via social media to target music fans, industry professionals, festival and talent buyers, and media. Participants will be given the videos for their own marketing and business development purposes.
To be eligible to submit, artists must meet the following criteria:
- Be a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist or group
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and current resident of Manitoba as well as a participant of IMDP
- Have a strong social media presence
- Have cultivated a local audience and local media coverage
- Have recent professional career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming release - demo/EP/LP/single, tour, festival sets, industry showcases, awards and nominations, media coverage, etc.)
- Have not previously been featured in the first two seasons of Talking Stick
- Be available for a full day of shooting in Winnipeg or surrounding area between October 17 and 21, 2022.
Update your Indigenous Music profile with current bio and picture and at least two recently-released songs or live performance videos and click the APPLY button below to fill out the application form
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee of music industry professionals. The committee will review the information that you submit along with everything on your Manitoba Music profile page.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete or late.
For more information, please contact:
Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory