You love discovering music and making new connections. You’re driven and passionate about the hustle of the music industry. You love to travel and want to promote Manitoba artists on a global stage. You’re a flexible thinker who keeps your spreadsheets organized and remembers the first concert you went to.
If this is you… Manitoba Music is looking for a dynamic, resourceful, and outgoing person to join our team as Manager, Export Programming!
This is a new position that blends creative opportunities, vision, and admin skills to create and deliver our export and business development programming and Market Access grant. The work includes building business relationships and being a part of industry showcases and networking events in key music markets across Canada, the US, UK, Europe, and beyond. This position builds bridges in the music sector to help our members act strategically to make the biggest impact with their music and careers.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to make connections in the independent music sector in Canada and abroad and has an appreciation for working as part of a collaborative team that aspires for an equitable and accessible music sector. Excellent administrative, time management, and event planning skills are important. The confidence and capacity to make decisions, manage information and prepare plans, timelines, budgets, funding proposals, and reports is critical. And it’s fun.
- Identify goals, needs, and objectives, and develop appropriate delivery plans for Manitoba Music’s export market development and market access grant programs
- Coordinate Manitoba Music’s market development showcases and networking activities
- Develop materials such as guidelines, forms, communications, and marketing
- Manage program budgets and resources
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the programs and report results to stakeholders
- Represent Manitoba Music industry at local, national, and international events
- Grant program design leveraging investment for music business outcomes
- Implement intake, evaluation, contracting, and payments of grants
- Track and report on program successes and industry impacts
- Prepare implementation plans including critical paths, project synopses, and budgets
- Coordinate participant and industry data, and program success stories
- Provide narrative and financial reports as required
- Coordinate accounts payable for projects
Manitoba Music is a not-for-profit, member-based industry association with a mandate to help Manitoba’s music community reach its fullest potential. We work with over 700 members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, creatives, and companies.
Manitoba Music is committed to equity and inclusivity. First Nation Peoples, Metis Peoples, Inuit, Black People, People of Colour, women, LGBTQ2S, new Canadians, and people who exist at those intersections are encouraged to apply.
This a full-time position with a benefits package, dependent on annual funding. We have a hybrid workplace with time together in our Winnipeg office and support for remote work. Starting salary range is $45,000 to $52,000 per year.
Learn more about our team at www.manitobamusic.com/team
Read our Equity & Accountability Policy at www.manitobamusic.com/accountability
Read our Accessible Customer Service Standards and description of location at www.manitobamusic.com/accessibility
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a detailed cover letter outlining interest and experience, and a resume by 5 PM on June 22.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.