Deadline: Wednesday, November 29 at 11:59 PM
Manitoba Music is heading back to Los Angeles for a week of export development events in January 2024!
This is an opportunity for export-ready artists from Manitoba to showcase and connect with LA entertainment reps in a purposefully-organized setting. Industry professionals including music supervisors, publishers, program directors, labels, and agents will be invited to the showcase and to meet one-on-one with the artists and their teams.
Manitoba Music will also be arranging co-writing opportunities in LA for Manitoba-based songwriters. This will be a great opportunity for selected participants to build their songwriting skills, network, learn about opportunities in publishing/sync, and make connections in this important US market.
This project will have a strong focus on gender diversity and IBPOC and LGBTQ2S+ voices.
Selected participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel and accommodations. Selected participants will be eligible for Market Access Fund, but the funding does not cover full costs.
To be selected for this opportunity, you should:
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and current resident of Manitoba
- Be an export-ready artist (able to capitalize on international activities and opportunities)
- Have recent professional career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming release: demo/EP/LP/single, tour, festival sets, industry showcases, media coverage)
- Have one team member or equivalent capacity (e.g. manager, agent, publicist, publisher, label)
- Be available to perform a showcase of original music (or originally arranged traditional or classical music) or in-person co-writing sessions, and participate in professional development activities in LA, from January 22 to 25, 2024
- Be available for an introductory meeting 2 - 8 weeks prior to the event via Zoom
- Have a passport or ability to travel to the US
- Have the financial capacity to undertake travel to and accommodations in LA (Market Access Fund financial support may be available, but will not cover full costs)
- Be 21 years or older (including all performing members if applicable)
Submissions will be evaluated by a selection committee of industry professionals based on:
- Quality of music, songwriting, composition
- Track record
- Strength of team
- Export readiness (capacity)
- The rationale for the program
Application deadline: Sunday, November 29 at 11:59 PM
Notification date: Friday, December 8
Project dates: Monday, January 22 to Thursday, January 25, 2024
Recommended travel dates: Arrive in Los Angeles Monday, January 22 and depart Friday, January 26, 2024
For more info or if you are having issues with the form or need accommodations throughout the application process, please reach out:
Manager, Export Programs
Treaty 1 Territory