Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba
Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba is a regional charity organization dedicated to the full inclusion of artists and audiences with disabilities into all facets of the arts community.
OUR VISION: The full inclusion of artists and audiences with disabilities into all facets of the arts community.
OUR MANDATE: To facilitate a network of artists and stakeholders from both the arts and disability communities that supports artists with disabilities in achieving individual artistic excellence, promotes higher visibility of these artists within all disciplines and promotes policies and practices intended to make the arts more accessible to all Manitobans.
- To be the voice for artists and audiences with disabilities in Manitoba
- To bring leadership on access and equity issues that impact the arts
- To empower artists with disabilities by providing access to the resources they need to advance their artistic practice
- To bring artists with disabilities and stakeholders together to explore and nurture a creative and inclusive community
- To educate and inform the arts community, policy makers, and arts funders about artists and audiences with disabilities
- To act as resource to arts organizations and institutions making their venue and services more suited to people with disabilities
- To gather and disseminate relevant information to individuals and organizations in the disability and arts sectors
a) To advance the education of artists with disabilities by providing courses, instructional seminars, and workshops in various artistic disciplines, and on topics such as grant-writing, portfolio preparation, and photography documentation;
b) To advance the public’s appreciation of the arts by producing public art exhibitions, presentations, and performance arts events, and by providing a forum for qualified artists to exhibit, present, or perform their artistic works through participation in such events;
c) To promote health by providing artists with disabilities with appropriate facilities and services adapted to accommodate their specific needs; and
d) To undertake activities ancillary and incidental to the attainment to the above charitable purposes.
- 102-329 Cumberland Ave Winnipeg MB Canada
- 1 204 336 2366